Did you know that 90% of consumers read online customer reviews before visiting a business, and 88% trust them as much as personal recommendations? These figures prove that customer reviews are incredibly important for all businesses—but as an eCommerce seller, they’re even more crucial. Why?
Why Customer Reviews are so Important for eCommerce Sellers
The eCommerce market is incredibly saturated and competitive. There are tons of online retailers selling similar products at similar price points, which means consumers have nearly endless options of who to buy from. So how do they decide? Well, they often look at customer reviews to help them make a purchase decision.
Having positive customer reviews can make a potential customer choose to buy from your business over a competitor, but negative reviews can make them afraid to take a chance on you. In fact, 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review—on the flip side, 86% will hesitate to make a purchase from a business that has negative customer reviews.
How eCommerce Fulfillment Can Impact Your Customer Reviews
Now that you know how important customer reviews are, you may be wondering: “How does my eCommerce order fulfillment process actually affect them?”
Your order fulfillment process has a huge impact on your customer experience! A slow, unengaging, and impersonal order fulfillment process creates a negative customer experience—which can lead to poor online reviews. Customers have come to expect fast shipping speeds and personalized engagement from the brands they buy from, and if you can’t provide this, they’ll likely have some not-so-nice things to say about you online. Plus, they won’t want to buy from your brand again.
On the other hand, organized, speedy, and customized fulfillment logistics will delight your customers and create a memorable customer experience. This will make them want to buy from you again, and may inspire them to post positive reviews about your brand online so their social circles and fellow online shoppers can have the same great experience.
This makes it possible to keep current customers satisfied, turning one-time buyers into long-term customers and loyal advocates for your brand. Additionally, with more positive customer reviews online, it will also be easier to attract new customers to your brand. More repeat sales and more new customers means more revenue for your business!
How to Improve Your Online Customer Reviews Through Your eCommerce Fulfillment
Here are five simple steps you can take to enhance your order fulfillment process, making it possible to deliver a better customer experience that leads to more positive customer reviews:
- Align with shipping speed expectations. Online shoppers expect faster shipping speeds than ever before, and being able to deliver on them—literally—can create a better customer experience that leads to positive online reviews. So, working with a fulfillment provider who has the proper fulfillment logistics in place can ensure that your products are getting to your customers quickly. For example, The Fulfillment Lab works with DHL to provide exclusive Time Definite express services that guarantee delivery in two to three days.
- Provide visibility into your order fulfillment process. It’s not enough to simply offer fast shipping speeds—you need to provide visibility into your eCommerce order fulfillment process as well. Providing updates when orders are received, being fulfilled, and shipped will keep your customers happy. That’s why at The Fulfillment Lab, orders are processed and sent with complete end-to-end visibility throughout the entire fulfillment process.
- Be transparent. Even with visibility into the order fulfillment process, sometimes things don’t go according to plan. Whether it’s an inventory issue or bad winter storm that keeps your products from being shipped on time, it’s important to be transparent if an order is going to be later than expected. Don’t just go radio silent and hope your customer won’t notice that their package didn’t arrive on time—they definitely will. So, send updates and be honest about what happened and what you’re doing to fix it. This transparency will go a long way with your customers.
- Leverage customized packaging. Sending your products in customized packaging can help you create a more memorable, engaging, and exciting customer experience that drives your buyers to show off their shiny new package online—and leave you positive reviews! At The Fulfillment Lab, we’ll help you create a few customized fulfillment experiences for different market segments. Then, using analytics within our Global Fulfillment Software™, you’ll quickly be able to pinpoint which experience your clients like the most and create customized packaging that aligns.
- Work with the right eCommerce fulfillment provider. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to running an eCommerce business, which means order fulfillment is often overlooked. Turning to the experts to handle your eCommerce fulfillment logistics can take the pressure off your internal staff and free up your time to focus on bigger-picture tasks. Plus, having a skilled, reliable fulfillment provider can improve your customer experience, therefore improving your customer reviews!
Improve Your Customer Reviews with the Help of The Fulfillment Lab!
The Fulfillment Lab can elevate your eCommerce order fulfillment process with our comprehensive, cutting-edge fulfillment services, which include:
- Reliable global order fulfillment
- 14 fulfillment centers (2 domestic and 12 international) for faster deliveries
- Expedited shipping options with delivery guaranteed in 1-3 business days
- End-to-end visibility throughout the entire eCommerce order fulfillment process
- Proprietary, easy to use fulfillment software
- Customized packaging for limitless branding potential
- Dynamic integration with every major eCommerce system
It’s time to ditch disorganized, complex fulfillment logistics that are negatively impacting your customer reviews! Ready to get on board with the future of fulfillment? Contact us today!